Native / Pollinator garden updates!

My native/pollinator garden updates. Please enjoy this pictures that show the progress over this past week- 


Today I ripped out the Rose of Sharon bushes along the side of my house. They're beautiful and the bees love them, but they are so invasive and difficult for me to keep under control. 


The goal is to have as many PA natives and pollinator plants as possible, while keeping the garden beds as low maintenance as possible. 


I am using cardboard and organic mulch as a natural weed barrier deterant. I have two 50 gallon rain barrels that I use to water my plants and fill my bird baths. 


Each garden space will have a bird bath, bird house or bird feeder installed with it.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The infamous tree: Turn 1 at BAPS

Cassel's Cemetery, Newberry Township

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 39